The Bahrain Medical Society is the official medical society in the Kingdom of Bahrain, which was established in 1972. The society represents all the physicians working in the kingdom and promotes the advancement of all medical services and practices. The society cooperates with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Social Development to encourage medical research.
Vision & Mission
To achieve its objectives, The Bahrain Medical Society is working through:
- Cooperate with all health-providing organizations in the Kingdom of Bahrain in the best interest of all physicians.
- Regulate and legalize practicing medicine in Bahrain in cooperation with the Ministry of Health and other relevant authorities.
- Maintain professional ethics and standards in medical practice.
- Contribute to the development of all medical services and practices.
- Promote and encourage medical and scientific research.
- Create job opportunities for all physicians and help them to overcome obstacles.
- Strengthen the cooperation and knowledge of physicians in each speciality.
- Communication and cooperation with various international medical societies.
- Community partnership.
To achieve its objectives, the Bahrain Medical Society is working through:
- Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Social Development.
- Scientific and educational lectures for members and the public.
- Issuing a scientific journal and posters related to scientific education and health.
- Organizing scientific meetings.
- Establishment of scientific research competitions in health sciences.
- Establishment of various social activities.
The Bahrain Medical Society was established in 1972 and re-registered in 1992. It has 1800 active members. The Board of Directors is elected every 2 years in a general assembly, the last election was held in April 2014.